Call for Papers/Presentations:
We invite submissions from graduate students for the second annual symposium held at the University at Buffalo. UB has a tradition of being on the cutting edge, both artistically and scholarly, and this tradition is reflected in the emphasis on 'contemporary'. We wish to foster such scholarship, in addition to welcoming submissions on all topics related to music. This year's symposium will take place Friday-Saturday March 27-28, 2009 on UB's North Campus.
Our goal is to provide graduate students an open venue for professional scholarly development. We encourage proposals in the following formats:
- paper presentations (20 minutes max, 5 minutes for questions)
- panels (10 minute presentations, linking together related papers, with time for questions and discussion)
- lecture demonstrations (30 minutes total, including questions)
- presentations of research in progress (in one of the above formats)
Please note the following guidelines for submitting a proposal. Early submissions are welcome. Send us an email containing:
- A 250-350 word abstract.
- Your name, email address, phone number, school, and degree program.
- (optionally) A web address of a page(s) with any additional information you think would help us evaluate your presentation.
- Indicate if you have any special technical needs. We will ask for complete details at a later date.
- Please send your email by Friday January 16th, 2009 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please use that address as well, and we will answer you promptly.
We look forward to hearing from you. Authors of accepted proposals will be notified via electronic mail by February 1st, 2009.